I seek a job as a software or electrical engineer in the Houston area or remote. I majored in electrical engineering with a minor in math (U of Tulsa ’21), but my career has so far centered on full-stack web development.
US citizen. References available. Contact: [email protected]
Git, Agile, Scrum, public speaking, technical writing
Robotics, embedded systems, PCB design (EDA), controls, digital design, MATLAB analog circuit simulation
React, Express.js, Next.js (React framework), Storybook (frontend component stories), Vite (frontend tooling), Vitest (unit testing), Jest (unit testing), Zod (schema validation), Koa (backend framework), Prisma (ORM), Knex (ORM), esbuild (bundler), SWC (TS transpiler), Astro (static site generator), Puppeteer (browser automation and web scraping)
Native proficiency in both English and Russian
Small and mid-size business clients Remote
Solo Freelance Software Engineer June 2022–Present
- Consulted non-technical clients.
- Architected, implemented, and deployed a custom web scraping system + admin panel web interface.
- Stack: , , , , , , ,
- Implemented using low-level libraries: , ,
Asemio Tulsa, OK & Remote
Software Engineer May 2021–June 2022
- Rapidly onboarded to a 5-dev team building a custom operations management system for a large technical college in Oklahoma.
- Worked on the frontend: a styled using , consuming a API.
- Coordinated APIs and conventions with teammates.
- Augmented a custom CRM system for Oklahoma charities. Designed, implemented, and optimized in and . Built UIs using and .
- Worked closely and creatively with stakeholders and project managers.
Software Engineer Intern May 2020–May 2021
- Prototyped an internal Slack chatbot tool in , a language.
- Wrote asynchronous HTTP clients and servers. Modeled third-party APIs using the type system.
The University of Tulsa Tulsa, OK
B.S. Electrical Engineering ·
Minor in Mathematics ·
Class of ’21
- Chapter President—Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the professional organization for compsci majors, the best-funded ($5k+ annual budget) club at TU. Doubled event frequency and attendance. Organized tech talks and recruiting events regularly attended by 30+ and a hackathon attended by 100+. Gave ~10 tech talks. Lead a team of 5 officers for 2 years as president after 1 year as treasurer. 2018–2021
- 1st place in Regional IEEE Poster Competition for my team’s senior design project: upgrades to a custom 2021 in use at TU.
- Emceed and performed for an audience of ~150 at an international festival. 2020
I enjoy swimming, cooking, picnics, and learning history.
Also, I love teaching, especially math, science, and computer programming—I tutor both as a community service and professionally a few hours every week.
I enjoy the ML family of functional programming (FP) languages because they afford me greater confidence in the correctness of my code. For example, Elm promises no runtime errors. To be clear, I am not an FP fanatic, at least not yet. “When the only tool you have is a hammer…”
I started college as a mechanical engineering major—I love working with my hands and designing mechanical machines. Electrons are cool too, I guess.